So, you know how weird/creepy guys go to dance, and how salsa attracts an inordinate number of them. And you know how there is always this one Indian guy that's TOTALLY INTO IT. So there he was, dancing FOR REAL . Even during the lessons, even during the practicing of the new move during the class, he danced with huge flourishes of drawing you in close and flinging you away dramatically. Yes.
Afterwards, during the open practice, I had just finished dancing with a friend of mine when I felt two hands go around my waist and spin me around. I assumed it was my flamboyant friend, Oliver, so I turned around and said "HEY OLIVE-" and stopped. It wasn't Oliver. It was him, crazy dancer. So I, being nice, gave him a dance. And he danced....passionately, with the facial expressions and everything. ANd I Just danced...normally. And then he became kinda like Andrew, telling me "Now, your face has to be more sexy, more PASSIONATE." And I was like uh no I'm okay. And later he also grabbed my shoulders and said "Don't keep your shoulders down/back. MOVE THEM LIKE THIS" and he moved them up and down in some sort of shimmy thing, and I was like uh no I'm okay. And then he dipped me, which is okay, but then he was like "You don't come up right away, you move with the man like this" and then he like...did the whole blues-ish leg ass shaking thing that I was supposed to follow. And I was like uh I think I've only done this with Jason, and definitely not with total strangers.
It didn't help that he was short, balding, and resembled a frog.
//from an email I wrote
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment